Building a robust commuter benefits program includes supporting employees who walk, run, or bike for part or all of the commute. Here are a range of ideas to consider:
- Become a Capital Bikeshare Corporate Member and provide a discounted annual membership of $25-50 to your employees.
- Install lockers and shower facilities to support employees who walk, run or bike to work.
- Install bike parking racks, lockers, and cages for secure, weather-proof bike parking.
- Supply bike repair stations, tire pumps, patch kits, or bike gear lending library.
- Consider offering a perk to employees who do not use another commuter benefit, like reimbursement for bike tune-ups or biking/walking gear.
Need more ideas? Check out the Commuter Connections Bicycling to Work Guide for Employees and Employers.
Did you know that bikes can be loaded on the front of Metrobus and TheBus fixed route vehicles? And, you can bring your bike on Metrorail - learn more here.
Integrating active commuting options into your health and wellness plans can be an easy way to encourage healthy commuting.
RideSmart Solutions can help you establish a bike commuter program. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 301-883-5656 to get started.